The Bleeding Control Kit®
Ideal for mobile or stationary applications, the QuikClot® Bleeding Control Kit® (BCK) contains all the necessary components to treat and control up to 6 minor to traumatic bleeding injuries.
The BCK provides the hemostatic tools when and where you need them.
Inside the BCK
This orange nylon kit has multiple internal pockets to contain the medical components. Zipper closure secures contents and allows for quick access. Ideal for mobile or stationary applications, the BCK contains all the necessary components to treat and control up to 6 bleeding injuries.
Item# 539 Contains C-A-T™ (Qty 3)
Item# 540 Contains SOF™TT-W (Qty 3)
Item# 539 & 540 Kits Contain:
• Item# 350 QuikClot® Combat Gauze® LE (Qty 3)
• C-A-T™ (Qty 3) or SOF™TT-W (Qty 3)
• Mini compression bandages (Qty 3)
• Shears, EMS-style, mini (Qty 1)
• Gloves, nitrile (Qty 5 Pair)
CAUTION: Certain QuikClot® products require medical oversight by a qualified licensed medical professional. Please refer to product details, including instructions for use, and/or contact a Z-Medica sales representative. Kits and their configurations are subject to change without notice.
QuikClot products are impregnated with kaolin, a naturally occurring, inorganic mineral. Kaolin produces no known allergic1,2 or exothermic reactions. QuikClot products are safe and effective, have passed all biocompatibility testing, and do not contain any animal or human-derived proteins or shellfish products. QuikClot is the essential choice for hemorrhage control in a broad range of bleeding situations.
Fast & Effective
- Promotes clotting within minutes of application1,4-7
- The Committee on Tactical Combat Casualty Care (CoTCCC) recommends QuikClot Combat Gauze® as the hemostatic agent of choice for compressible hemorrhage not amenable to tourniquet use8
- No shellfish, human, or animal proteins
- Low-to-no risk of adverse reactions3
- Familiar and easy-to-use format
- Conforms readily to wound site
Efficient & Valuable
- Stops bleeding faster than standard gauze1,4
- Less expensive than protein-based products; may reduce the need for additional expensive treatments2
- Trabattoni D, Montorsi P, Fabbiocchi F, Lualdi A, Gatto P, Bartorelli A. A new kaolin-based haemostatic bandage compared with manual compression for bleeding control after percutaneous coronary procedures. Eur Radiol. 2011;21:1687-1691.
- Lamb KM, Pitcher HT, Cavarocchi NC, Hirose H. Vascular site hemostasis in percutaneous extracorporeal membrane oxygenation therapy. Open Cardiovasc Thorac Surg J. 2012;5:8-10.
- Data on file.
- Politi L, Aprile A, Paganelli C, et al. Randomized clinical trial on short-time compression with kaolin-filled pad: a new strategy to avoid early bleeding and subacute radial artery occlusion after percutaneous coronary intervention. J Interven Cardiol. 2011;24:65-72.
- Trabattoni D, Gatto P, Bartorelli A. A new kaolin-based hemostatic bandage use after coronary diagnostic and interventional procedures. Int J Cardiol. 2012;156(1):53-54.
- Pahari M, Moliver R, Lo D, Pinkerton D, Basadonna G. QuikClot® Interventional™ Hemostatic Bandage (QCI): a novel hemostatic agent for vascular access. Cath Lab Digest. 2010;18(1):28-30. http://www.cathlabdigest.com/articles/QuikClotÂ®-Interventionalâ„¢-Hemostatic-Bandage-QCI-A-Novel-Hemostatic-Agent-Vascular-Access. Accessed on August 10, 2014.
- Kheirabadi BS, Scherer MR, Estep JS, Dubick MA, Holcomb JB. Determination of efficacy of new hemostatic dressing in a model of extremity arterial hemorrhage in swine. J Trauma. 2009;67:450-460.
- Tactical Combat Casualty Care Guidelines 2 June 2014.
http://www.usaisr.amedd.army.mil/pdfs/TCCC_Guidelines_140602.pdf. Accessed March 25, 2015.